Sunday, March 10, 2013

Voyage...

Voyage!!

An adage- Journey- Well begun is half done! A rebel , some one who treads paths less taken, needs to think the other way else the belief in existence of someone up there can be shaken! The voyage last week has definitely made me believe the latter way !
An evening to remember! Choicest of cuisine, a panoramic view of the metropolis! A stuffed, roasted bakra devoured! This was the evening before departure, before the voyage. A carnivore ,aka moi , couldn’t have asked for more. The waistline bursting at seams and with the mutton pieces struggling to find their own space inside the stomach, The lift in one of the most posh apartments in Kinshasa gets stuck. While other comrades in arms tried to laugh it off, the 10 minutes inside were an ordeal worth forgetting! Claustrophobic , I am!! I realized and let it known in a loud , verbose, desi way that, the voyage had started right there. A challenge.. A real voyage!
Even the rain gods announced the start of the journey. The clouds thundered and poured ! Few sips of choicest cognac and the warmth of wonderful friends around calmed the nerves!
An astrologer friend called up the same time to inform that the planet Saturn had shifted positions the same night and would have fresh cannon balls in its armoury! I couldn’t resist my patented response- Shall take him head on!
Rain gods continued to shower boisterous blessings and the clouds chipped in with a J’taime kind of musical melodrama.
While they played musical with the voyage , I tricked the mighty Saturn by skipping the early morning flight amidst the elements of nature at its torturous best . The journey which began the evening before now had turned into a trick game between the supremo saturn and me!
Taking the evening flight , I had mixed feelings . A minnow, had scored the first goal against a star studded Saturn club. I felt joyous but was apprehensive of the backlash. While I was concerned that the trickster Saturn would be scheming and would certainly bounce back, I also felt I had taken the early lead .
The first stop in the journey further accentuated my joy on having taken the lead! A wonderful set of people, lovely hosts, a beautiful place and single malt to set the ball rolling. Well begun??
The fatigue of a long journey, nice evening and the effects of the single malt took my mind off the scheming Saturn. Sensing my intent on making a good start , the Saturn lured me towards the tennis courts. I didn’t need to warm up, I was already in the game to take him head on. Survived him there , I was still one up!
The volleyball court was not far off, With adrenalin flowing.. I walked towards it with a swagger!
He saw his chance within ten minutes.. The ligaments in left knee gave away to the pounding and thrashing from the mighty Saturn. He scored the equalizer.
A leg in cast and with the crutches helping me counter the attack, the focus is to strengthen the defense.
A challenging start to the journey makes it more livid, more interesting and for sure more memorable! Lets change the adage.. Begin with hiccups.. U shall drink to glory!!

Meanwhile,I shall continue to take you head on ; My mighty planet, Saturn!

No comments:

Post a Comment